TheShire - Multiplayer Online Minecraft Server

Changelog, List of changes from updates

« Older   Newer »
nebbers
view post Posted on 16/2/2012, 03:16 by: nebbers     +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

Well, Flatlands was a fun little experiment wasnt it! It's gone now. Sorry, but with all the leaky plugins that already eat up our RAM, a superfluous world on top of that just wasnt helping. You can download it here though for Single Player use! Or if you keep a digital scrapbook of your life, you can stash this in there. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1736661/flat.zip

I updated Dynmap, Essentials, Train Carts, Minebackup, WorldEdit, Worldguard, & JSONAPI (a mobile admin helper plugin.) You shouldnt see any significant changes from a user standpoint (except for perhaps a smoother experience?? *crosses fingers*). Dynmap added a cool feature where we can add in line markers, so as to highlight highways or rails, if we wanted.

Kepler/Apollo was removed once and for all too. Just had too many corruptions.

OH, one other thing. If someone can definitively identify the source of the severe lag spikes that occur around the Central Station (/warp station) and suggest some plausible solutions, I shall give you a nice ability. Seriously, do /warp station sometime, have your fog view on normal or high, and then try to spin around a few times. It's lunacy- put on the F3 debug screen and you will see a skyhigh spike. I don't want to have to comb through with MCedit (which would mean taking the server down for a few hours), so if you can find a source, id love to know what it is. My guesses are a massive entity blob that we can't find or butcher, or some kind of maniacal redstone contraption thats wreaking havoc.. but either one just doesn't fully explain the symptoms.

Follow-up: TRAIN CARTS PLUGIN is DISABLED until further notice. Server would NOT start for 30 minutes until I disabled it.

Web Contacts  Top
101 replies since 22/6/2011, 17:58   3205 views