TheShire - Multiplayer Online Minecraft Server

Changelog, List of changes from updates

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 23/12/2011, 02:03     +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

-OK, staff, //restore is set up. Just use the latest snap (should be by default, or just do '/snap use latest', select what you want in WE, and then //restore. The last backup was made around noon EST today.

-NEW Tyrozone is set up! We are needing three or four seasoned Shire members (staff included) to help regulate the new Tyroland. Basically, since the area is now limited to a confined area within the main world, we'll need to manage it by occasionally clearing out abandoned projects or deleting sub-par structures from Tyros who no longer play, or from former Tyros who are fine with you clearing out their old project. As usual, if their project is real nice, it will get preserved/moved. We'll hold on to the old Tyroland until everyone has gotten the message and can move what they need to.

-Staff should have /vanish again. Members of the 'Shire Bureau of Tyrozone Land Management' will get /vanish too :) and maybe a unique rank name? (same colors you have though).. just ideas so far

Edited by nebbers - 23/12/2011, 02:36

Web Contacts  Top
Sam B
view post Posted on 24/12/2011, 21:51     +1   -1

Finished the survival world permissions so come play. at /warp survival
-Added Factions plugin in the survival world. do /f help for info
-Added NoCheat to disable Flymod for the survival world.
-Added MultInv so people cant take items from a different world to the survival world
-Brought back MCMMO for the survival world.

Merry Christmas!

funny-gifs-flipping-magnets-how-do-they-work

Sam B
view post Posted on 30/12/2011, 01:32     +1   -1

Just a warning. If you move between worlds with enchanted items in your inventory the enchantment gets removed.

Sam B
view post Posted on 2/1/2012, 21:35     +1   -1

-Added mcmmo chat so members can talk to faction members only. do /party to create a group then /p to do group chat only.
-Added /ptp so groups in mcmmo can teleport to group members only.
-Added /tptoggle to all the survival ranks so people can disable it to stop people moving from the main world with /tp to other members.

view post Posted on 5/1/2012, 23:46     +1   +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

- Linked all creative worlds' inventories together
- Deleted the old nether - sorry - but we'll have a shmancy new 1.0 one now. - I think leaving Survival to Nether will still lose inventory, but, whatever.
- Promoted some people, turned on our backup plugin (remind me to turn that off tomorrow, its a monster).
- Apparently Herochat works now for PEX, so we'll have to convert our crap again and switch over soon. This will mean in-game promotions again (thank you jesus), magiccarpet, multiple homes, etc.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 11/1/2012, 14:44     +2   +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

- Upgraded to PEX! Thank you Sam and Andrewpo and Jimmy! They did it all. As a result of moving to PEX, you now have;
-Multiple Homes! just /sethome name to set a new place and /delhome name to delete.
- and now MagicCarpet works! This should be for Yeoman and up.
- Fancy colors! Need to put some emphasis on that word? You can type &1, &a, through &8 and &f, I think, to change text colors. So, for example if I want to say HEY! and make it dark green, you would type &2HEY! Here is a chart:

heJUy

- Things to be done: Fix Survival permissions. Give dukes /gm and remove /i, give it to archdukes instead. Give artisan & archdukes //drain and //fixwater. Upgrade a few choice people. Upgrade a bunch of plugins.

All thanks to the aformentioned!

I'm sure I left something out

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 14/1/2012, 17:35     +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

- Okay, the fancy colors in text doesnt work anymore, I don't think. So disregard that. Could work in the future though.

- Gave Architects VoxelSniper, except for Shanevr (ill add when I see him online). There's no easy way to add people, doesnt work with permissions so you have to add one person at a time with their full name, plus all the correct capitalization.. its stupid. TBH I don't really know what I just added. Looks like WorldEdit, but more natural looking I guess?

- Added TrainCarts, a fun train plugin that lets minecarts link up. I don't think there is much point to it, but andrewpo asked for it...

- Updated Dynmap. Looks the same. Won't update a lot of areas. I'm annoyed.

- uhhhhhhh... I dunno, I'm sure there was something else.

Web Contacts  Top
Sam B
view post Posted on 16/1/2012, 19:38     +2   +1   -1

-Updated the server to a dev build of bukkit for 1.1 so if anything breaks tell me.
-Downgraded back to the bukkit recommended build while I wait for a better bukkit build.
-Minecraft 1.0 Jar while we wait.

Edited by Sam B - 16/1/2012, 22:12

Sam B
view post Posted on 25/1/2012, 15:55     +1   +1   -1

-Updated to the recommended build of 1.1 so it shouldnt break this time.

view post Posted on 26/1/2012, 21:15     +1   +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

- No more Tyroland! (we're talking the world here, people- /warp tyrozone and /warp tyronia are still there, dont worry)

DOWNLOAD TYROLAND HERE IF YOU WANT IT!! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1736661/2012-01-26_06-26-18.zip The download period for this has ended. If you HAVE to have it, PM me.

- Added Kepler, a small 1000 radius world for Artisan+. It's Jimmy's idea, so ask him about it.
- Added Flatlands! Its also small, 600 radius, and anything goes there! if you have Creative mode and love pixel art, knock yourself out. It'll probably be reset every so often after it fills up. This world is great for pixel art, experimental builds, or if you're experimenting with redstone.

EDIT: Also, i wanted to say congrats to the Bree Village video on reaching 200,000! We now have 500 subscribers and 500,000 views! Woo!

-Removed day/night power for Dukes.

Edited by nebbers - 4/2/2012, 13:42

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 16/2/2012, 03:16     +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

Well, Flatlands was a fun little experiment wasnt it! It's gone now. Sorry, but with all the leaky plugins that already eat up our RAM, a superfluous world on top of that just wasnt helping. You can download it here though for Single Player use! Or if you keep a digital scrapbook of your life, you can stash this in there. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1736661/flat.zip

I updated Dynmap, Essentials, Train Carts, Minebackup, WorldEdit, Worldguard, & JSONAPI (a mobile admin helper plugin.) You shouldnt see any significant changes from a user standpoint (except for perhaps a smoother experience?? *crosses fingers*). Dynmap added a cool feature where we can add in line markers, so as to highlight highways or rails, if we wanted.

Kepler/Apollo was removed once and for all too. Just had too many corruptions.

OH, one other thing. If someone can definitively identify the source of the severe lag spikes that occur around the Central Station (/warp station) and suggest some plausible solutions, I shall give you a nice ability. Seriously, do /warp station sometime, have your fog view on normal or high, and then try to spin around a few times. It's lunacy- put on the F3 debug screen and you will see a skyhigh spike. I don't want to have to comb through with MCedit (which would mean taking the server down for a few hours), so if you can find a source, id love to know what it is. My guesses are a massive entity blob that we can't find or butcher, or some kind of maniacal redstone contraption thats wreaking havoc.. but either one just doesn't fully explain the symptoms.

Follow-up: TRAIN CARTS PLUGIN is DISABLED until further notice. Server would NOT start for 30 minutes until I disabled it.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 17/2/2012, 22:51     +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

-HEROCHAT is working again! I can't figure out how to get prefixes or colors working yet though.

-Seriously, there are no instructions for this thing. I'm not sure how censors are going to work either. Old Herochat was a nice big config file with a bunch of options. This one? Split into like 10 mini configs that have 10 empty lines in it that I don't know what to do with.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 24/2/2012, 04:48     +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

- Added /ptime for all Yeoman and up!! do /ptime night pr /ptime day to change your PERSONAL time! Wont affect other players, wont affect mob spawning. No more complaining about time, just change it yourself!

-I have 18 plots in the Central District available for artisan/archduke and up! I'd love to see them built on! Just keep it kinda urbanish like everything around it. If youre not sure just ask me in-game.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 27/2/2012, 07:08     -1   +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

-whitelist is back on. If you think you've been omitted, let us know. but im 99% sure that all members were properly included.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 5/3/2012, 05:57     +1   -1

Master of Ceremonies

Group:
Administrator

We've upgraded to 1.2!
Please don't build to sky limit just because you can.
Currently Survival and Skylands are inaccessible until some stuff is fixed.

We've lost several plugins in the upgrade. I'd love to replace/update them, so keep an eye out, they are;

/mc [magic carpet]
tie dye sheep
vanish (I have a plugin for this, just need to set it up)
xcraftgate (I'll be replacing it with Multiverse- this'll fix Survival and Skylands)
stealthlogin for admins (I think the new vanish plugin can help with that)
HeroicDeath notifications :(
and a couple others i think..

Oh and dynmap bit the dust. I updated everything, the red warning message is a lie. Might just start fresh.

Edited by nebbers - 5/3/2012, 08:53

Web Contacts  Top
101 replies since 22/6/2011, 17:58   3205 views